Friday, October 19, 2007

One Hell of A Month

October was once my favourite month. This October of the year two-thousand and seven has been shite. I am in my 19th day of cleansing as part of a pact with five of my friends. The rules - no booze, no smokes, no fun from October 1st to October 27th (with one day off which I used in Atlanta) or else you're out 50 bucks. the question is, with only eight days left to go, will I crack? I have a craving to smoke on an hourly basis (when I started, I barely cared about it) and now that it is the week-end, the urge to crack open my twelve dollar bottle of rye is growing.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger eran said...

dude, regarding kicking the cigs... i would highly recommend reading Allen Carr's "The Easy Way". After reading it I quit for the last time and it has been 9 months now. For the first time since we were stealing butts from our mom's ashtrays when we were 10 I'm actually not craving cigarettes.

October 25, 2007 1:00 p.m.  
Blogger M'Adair said...

Hey man - thnaks for the advice. I'm going to look for it tonight.

October 25, 2007 2:04 p.m.  
Blogger dogsleddn said...

hey mike,
drink as much as you can for three days straight while smoking US-camels.
Do this until you can't do it anymore and your lungs feel like they are coming out your ass and you won't smoke again. 6 years later.
dogsleddn

October 26, 2007 7:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Free Hit Counter