Sunday, December 31, 2006

The High Cost of Sinning

I had a great time in Florida - it was so very, very nice to have my folks take care of us for a week. They were amazing hosts as always, and it was fun to spend time with my family and friends south of the border.

While I have little to add right now, I would like to point out the ridiculous price difference between American and Canadian booze.

At one point we were drinking 5 dollar pitchers. Damn!

While we were in Florida I bought a 1750mL bottle of Black Velvet rye for the equivalent of $16 - $17 Canadian. The cost of this in Ontario . . . $49.85

We even picked up two 1140mL bottles of Canadian Club rye for $25.00 total (that's under $30 bucks Canadian right now). At the LCBO right now it would cost over 30 dollars for ONE bottle.

The next time you hear about a surplus of tax dollars, remember where it came from.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Free Hit Counter