Friday, May 19, 2006

Steep Spirits

In much better spirits today. I have the nicotine pumping through my system again, my lungs no longer ache, I can walk short distances without breaking down from asphyxiation and the long week-end is finally here. This week-end my beer of choice will be 50, though I may splurge of a 12 of Sleeman's India Pale Ale – damn I love that beer. Sadly it costs way too much.

For those of you living outside of Canada, it may interest you to know that we pay, on average, $35.95 for 24 bottles of beer.

Seriously.

We do have discount beers, the lowest being priced at $26.40 (24 dollars plus our mandatory 10 cent deposit per bottle/can). Alas, these are never the best beers and they usually have a funny taste to them (although Red Cap’s nice).

Anyhew, for the Sleeman's Pale Ale we pay $44.95 for 24 bottles, so you can see why I’m hesitant to buy it. On one hand I feel like you can’t put a price on a beer you enjoy. On the other, I hate sending the message that people are willing to pay for over-priced beers. Sure, it’s not the breweries’ fault. They’d charge less if our government didn’t financially rape Canadians for wanting to have fun.

Grrrrr . . . there goes my high spirits.

;)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Free Hit Counter