Friday, March 24, 2006

Sheep

People are so easily guided by crap, following their favourite forms of media without question and thinking that the ideas they regurgitate are their own. I guess that's why The Dead Milkmen song "Moron" has been stuck in my head today. I guess that's why I changed my quote of the moment. I was also reminded of a Sloppy Seconds lyric: "Patience is a virtue that only seems to hurt you". Seems that's the attitude of most people these days.

I was an angry boy today, coming into work. I am getting frustrated with this city and the self-centred displays coming from the sheep I see wondering the streets. Some of the worst offenders are people who stand in the middle of the street looking to see if the streetcar is coming, only to shoot me a dirty look when I almost run them over. Newsflash moron, the middle of the street is probably not a good place for you to be standing at anytime. The people on the sidewalk can be just as bad, barreling through crowds with their indignant faces and/or baby carriages, surprised that the rest of the world isn't moving out of the way for them. My fellow drivers are just as bad, waving their fists and honking their horns as they try to cut off other drivers (potentially causing bodily and monetary damage) so they can make it to their spa treatment on time. Maybe Copernicus was wrong. Maybe the Earth really revolves around them.

Damn it, I'm only 31 and I feel like a grumpy old man.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Free Hit Counter