Wednesday, September 21, 2005

T.V. Party


The new television season is here and although I have been unable to get into many new shows because of the move, I still have a few thoughts.

Watch For:

Lost (Season 2) : It's trendy but good. Check out season one before getting into it. There was an episode near the end of Season 1 that recaps most of the series, so if you don't have much spare time then rent this episode. I hope they can live up to their season finale

Smallville (Season 5) : A dirty secret. It's not even a great show, but I'm a sucker for all super heroperhero related. Comic geeks will be pleased to hear that this season is rumoured to feature both Brainiac (played by James Marsters) and Aquaman.

Survivor: Guatemala: Looks promising if you are into this sort of thing. I'm on board with hating most reality T.V., but Survivor had me hooked since the very first episode and I just can't shake the addiction. For the record, anyone out there who hates the show and feels the need to tell fans how much it sucks, give it a rest. You just aren't being edgy or unique or making a difference in anybody's opinion of the show.


Disappointments:

My Name is Earl : Jason Lee deserves better than this. I don't know why, he just does.

The War At Home : I don't know why I used to expect good things from Michael Rapaport (notice I said 'used to'), though I suspect True Romance had an impact on my delusions.


R.I.P.:

Dead Like Me: Cancelled after two seasons, this wasn't a great show but it was still damn funny. There are not many T.V. shows that make me laugh these days, but this was one of them.

Carnivale: Also cancelled after two seasons. I can't comment on Season 2, but Season 1 was fantastic. Be warned, apparently the series ends off with a cliff hanger and there are no plans for future projects surrounding the Carnivale universe.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New show "Reunion" is also interesting....mostly for the 80's flashbacks!

September 28, 2005 8:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Free Hit Counter