Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hey Mutha' Fucka' Get Paid

I saw Billy Idol at the Amphitheatre on Tuesday night (we showed up late and missed Bif Naked’s set). Apparently, I wasn’t going to write about the evening without some convincing. Cha Right! Billy was really good - especially for a guy who's turning 50 in November. He still possesses a lot of passion for his music and it showed. I'm not a huge Billy Idol fan but I can respect a great performance. If you are a fan and haven't seen him live, you really need to make sure and catch him next time he's around.

While Billy was a great experience, the Amphitheatre was also quite brilliant . . . quite brilliant at sucking. $10.50 per beer and over-priced tickets are tough to take when you’re sitting in the rain watching most of the show on a T.V. screen. I think I’m finished with large venues. For less money I could shove doll-sized instruments into the arms of my old G.I. Joes, turn on my stereo and flick the lights on and off. Give me a venue like the Horseshoe over the ACC or Amphitheatre any day. Maybe I’m just cheap, but there’s something nice about going to a small place that won’t squeeze every last cent out of you. There’s also something nice about paying to see a band and actually getting to see the band.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Free Hit Counter