Friday, May 11, 2007

Prejudice?

I couldn't pass up commenting on this example of the unquestioned prejudice that exists in Canadian/American culture . . .

Click Here


I am truly unable to form an official opinion on Jeffrey Monaghan's guilt until I learn more of his situation. At the same time, I'm pissed that the media has focused on Monaghan's evil deeds such as being in a punk band (EVIL!) and owning a counter-culture bookshop (OOOHHHH THE HORROR OF IT ALL). Apparently "low-level" government employees are only allowed to express themselves creatively in a bland and orderly fashion.


Jeffrey Monaghan is not enduring an extreme amount of suffering (unlike, say, the West Memphis Three). Jeffrey Monaghan is obviously not a perfect human being (mostly because such a thing does not exist). Jeffrey Monaghan's creative choices did affect his professional endeavours and this sets a sad example for the rest of us.

I welcome any rebuttals.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger dogsleddn said...

Hey Mike
kind of unrelated info but I wanted to tell you. I am prejudice with Ottawa winning the cup. It has nothing to do with CAN/AM thing as I am Canadian as they come-Hell I own my own dog team........
Anyways I hate your Captain with his constant late hits and hits from behind. Other than that he is a great hockey player. I will try and vote Canada but if he continues this behaviour I will have to return to Detroit.

May 15, 2007 8:22 p.m.  
Blogger M'Adair said...

Sorry to hear that Dogsleddn. I'm a little confused though - is Detroit somehow known for playing a 'clean' game of hockey?

Also, while he's no saint,
at least Alfredsson doesn't cry about where he's been asked to play - unlike a certain goalie who shall remain nameless.

May 16, 2007 4:24 p.m.  
Blogger dogsleddn said...

You're right about Detroit and about elfie, I just don't like him and that's all I could come up with.
Lets see what happens tonight and go from there.
I won't jump on the wagon though, I am just Canadian eh. My people came from NY and Detroit and we made our home by the great lake of Ontario in kanada-great land- great hockey.
GO Iroquois Nationals-lacross rules.
Finally fiqured out how to link your blog up...see you
dogsleddn

May 16, 2007 5:53 p.m.  
Blogger M'Adair said...

Just out of curiousity - who you gunna cheer for now?

May 26, 2007 3:10 a.m.  
Blogger dogsleddn said...

I was watching the world indoor lacrosse championships Where canada and Iroquois National were going to battle it out for the finals. i guess it was a noe loose situation but of course I was going for Iroquois. # minutes left in the game Iroquois up by two and they get a two man penalty.
Canada scores 5 on 3 one goal down now. Canada scores 5 on 4 tied game and they go into over time. Lacrosse first goall wins Canada takes possetion runs down the floor and scores. It was was like a leaf game. Anyways Back to Ottawa.....

May 26, 2007 8:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Free Hit Counter