Wednesday, October 26, 2005

What Mike Did Vol. 3


Holy crap, it's been over a week since my last post. I was working evenings last week and which means I had little time to myself. The week-end was full too. I was at a friend's place in Georgetown Friday night. His girlfriend and him are expecting a baby and just bought a damned fantastic new house, which meant we were up late celebrating (that is until all four of us passed out watching a crappy bootleg of The 40 Year Old Virgin).

On Saturday Jen and I went with some friends to see Nightmare Picture Theatre at the Rue Morgue office which is, fittingly enough, in a former funeral parlour. The show was a lot of fun. I have seen James Fisher perform before and am impressed by both his ideas and his execution. This new show however was lacking a little in the stage movement department. The concept was solid enough - put a live musical score atop some creepy, stop-motion, existential films (courtesy of the Brother’s Quay), while an ominous dark figure taunts a small child in between each clip. Although James' music was beyond effective and his performance as the dark figure was indeed ominous, I still could not help but want something more grandiose. Still, I am confident that Rue Morgue and Mr. Fisher will produce nothing short of brilliance in future endevours (no pressure though).

After the show, more beers found their way to our lips. I don’t know if it was the beers, the fact that we are getting older, or the fact that Jen and I are boring hosts, but we actually played charades. Scoff if you must, but it was actually fun. Of course that meant Sunday was spent proving to myself once again that hangovers and family gatherings do not mix. Jen’s family must seriously wonder why I am so lethargic when we get together . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Free Hit Counter