Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Disclaimer and Other Stuff


I just thought I'd take a second to point out that although my counter has broken the 400 mark, it is a false indicator of the number of visitors who come here :(
I was toying with a few things today and while there should be a cookie that prevents my visits from affecting my counter, it did not work today. Oh well, the counter should read 350 which is still pretty damn good if you ask me.

I have added a few new things, in case you haven't noticed. I changed the "Quote of the Moment", and added a countdown to my death day. Some people find the whole "deathclock" thing a little too morbid. Personally, I find it funny and it is a great way to kick me in the ass in order to achieve my various goals. Hell, I'll be happy if I live until 2038 (though ask me that same question in 2037 and I may have a different opinion). I have also signed up with audio blogger. It's cool, though I can't say I'm in love with my voice, especially when it's recorder over my cheap telephone. Still, this is a great function that will allow me to post even when I'm really busy or away or whatever. Also, it will be a fun way to get some guest blogging done at the drunken wee hours of the morning.

I finished the rough draft of my reviews tonight. I'll have to go over them tomorrow as it is close to being time for bed. Nine to five jobs sound good in theory, but they also get in the way of fun. Luckily the good folks at Exclaim! understand this is a volunteer gig and are flexible with deadlines (I'm always on time when it comes to my day job!)

I didn't listen to anything this time around that I found fantastic. Since I'm sick of actually writing about these albums, I'm just going to put my personal ranking out of five next to them. Wanna fight about it? If you want to read the full reviews check out exclaim.ca in November and my stuff should be on the website. You could check out the magazine too, but usually only the best stuff goes in there, and like I said, nothing really impressed me this time around so going online is your best bet if you want to know more about these discs.

Broken Spindles - Inside/Absent: 4/5 Mikes
System Syn - Postscript: 3.5/5 Mikes
Plastic Noise Experience - Noised: 2.5/5 Mikes
Ministry - Rantology: 2.5/5 Mikes
KMFDM - Hau Ruck: 2.5/5 Mikes

As always, thanks for reading . . .

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Free Hit Counter