Monday, August 29, 2005

What Mike Did

These late nights are starting to take their toll on my sleep schedule. Getting up for work tomorrow will be a real treat.

I know a lot of people with birthdays in August - my Dad, my girlfriend’s brother, my friend Shawn, and now Art and Tomb D. I wonder if that’s an indicator that lots of unprotected sex happens on New Years Eve . . .

Art celebrated his birthday on Friday. The poor bastard just got back from camping and then had to put up with us drinking in his kitchen until the wee hours of the morning. I spent Saturday recovering and then dragged my ass off to the Vatican for the Rue-Morgue Festival of Fear party. It was Tomb’s birthday, but he was doing the DJ thing. The night was considered to be a private party, so the booze flowed often, albeit expensively, and you could actually smoke inside. Clive Barker and Tony Todd (aka Candyman) were hanging around, but I didn’t get to meet them. I’m not big on bothering celebrities just so I can say I met them. The best part of the night was The Matadors’ set. Their stage show is hilarious (and the music’s good too). Seeing them was a nice reminder that there is still a Canadian underground to combat the commercial posers plaguing my car radio.

Note: I plan to write my log updates weekly. All other posts will still come as often as I am able.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Free Hit Counter